Current News: Accessing routes and airports… Read More
Faircap Partners is an American investment firm focused on supercharging Myanmar’s economy. Specifically, we’re passionate about enabling smart people and groundbreaking companies to transform Myanmar into a global economic powerhouse. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to innovate new approaches to development so we can create and capture massive value. Our work is felt across Myanmar; from developing recycling infrastructure to stabilizing rice prices, we are truly building the country from the ground up. If these types of projects excite you, we’d love for you to join us.
Job Type: Full Time
Communications Strategists are a central part of business development at Faircap. They work cross-functionally to communicate our philosophy, mission, and impact to the world. Communications Strategists collaborate with principals to gain an in-depth understanding of our projects, triage new investments, and determine what message and what vehicle will resonate most strongly with a given audience. And they develop persuasive content for proposals, marketing documents, and presentations.
Communication Strategists regularly engage with journalists and other thought leaders. They devise specific communications materials and campaigns based on journalists’ interests; engage in face-to-face meetings with commentators and other opinion formers; develop print and web-based material supporting these campaigns; and counter misinformation that might interfere with our business and ability to serve our investors. They are, simply, great communicators who can understand complex issues and explain them in person and also via well-written, simple articles, press releases, e-mails, FAQs, video scripts, and more.
You’ll be part of a team of talented individuals who are just as passionate about supporting one another as they are about Faircap’s mission. We operate in a high accountability, high expectation, iron-sharpens-iron environment where the goal is always to produce the best solutions. Honesty and willingness to accept feedback are critical.
– Develop and execute Faircap’s strategic external communications plan, manage daily relationships with financial media, and provide intercontinental PR support.
– Develop original written and visual material for business development and support development of an integrated communications strategy.
– Repackage materials as needed to ensure content and concepts extend into other communication efforts.
– Develop press materials (including press releases, Q&As, and talking points).
– Represent Faircap as a company spokesperson for a wide variety of media and public affairs queries.
– Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, or relevant field.
– Intellectual curiosity and creativity.
– At least two years of experience in a role that requires significant writing, communications design, communications strategy, and/or management of complex projects.
– Ability to speak and write English fluently and idiomatically.
– Not afraid of long hours; able to handle stress well and maintain a positive attitude.
– Ability to identify and connect disparate concepts to shape a given narrative.
– Ability to grok technical concepts and relentlessly source ideas and stories.
– Strong network of financial media relationships.
– Ability to think, plan, and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized fashion.
– Expert verbal and written communication skills.
We are looking for quick-witted, entrepreneurial, and intellectually curious people to join the team. To succeed here, you’ll need to be able to combine creativity with the organizational skills to manage numerous different projects to tight deadlines simultaneously, as well as enjoy pitching to all kinds of journalists, bloggers, and commentators, or producing confidential communications and events for our partners.
Things happen quickly at Faircap and to get stuff done here you need to be an enthusiastic team player—a self-starter who can work cross-functionally and isn’t frightened to take risks or try out new ways of doing things. You’ll be part of a group of people working together to build solutions to mission-critical problems and a company that values the very best ideas.
If you’re interested in applying, please send us your CV with cover letter, as well as three representative writing samples: email@example.com
Faircap is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.